Enable Offline files in Windows 7
Thursday, December 2, 2010 Leave a Comment
If you have upgraded from XP to Windows7 you will see lot of changes in offline files feature. It works more robustly when compared to XP. Below are the steps to enable offline files in Win7.
- Open Control Panel from Start button.
- Open Sync center (If you don't see sync center select 'Small Icons' in the View by options in the right upper part of Control Panel window.)
- Now click on 'Manage offline files' . This will open offline files window where you can configure the operation of offline files.
- Click on 'Enable Offline Files' button.
- Restart the system to make offline files active.
After enabling offline files you can start marking network shares for offline availability. Just right click the file or folder and click on the option 'Always available offline'. In Windows XP this options is present as 'Make Available offline' but in Windows 7 it's renamed to 'Always available offline'